Saturday, July 21, 2012

victoria sponge muffins things?

I promise not to turn this into a food blog. but this was too pretty to not record. courtesy of matthew's galaxy II. 

Victoria sponge muffins. with hollowed out tops filled with whipped cream. 



Since I have no scales in my "northern holiday home" I tried to convert a basic victoria sponge recipe into gms. quite thick the batter so added a wee bit of milk to loosen it. i am as surprised as u are why it rose so much. perhaps the oven was too hot. says my memory from the betty crocker cook book. my first thought when I saw it so peaked was 'Oh no how is the strawberry cap gonna balance on top!? '
hahaha clearly not too much of a problem. carried this comfortably from the "northern holiday home" all the way to the GU psy dept :D hee.

the joys of having fresh whipped cream.... inspired by a craving one day for Eton Mess, to Matthew's horror I bought fresh whipping cream, a box of meringue and a spanking new hand mixer to make it. I now have 7 meringues to clear whahaha.


also this is when matthew and I discover what single, whipping and double cream really are. from delia

No comments: